The Association for Overseas Technical Cooperation and Sustainable Partnerships (AOTS) is a Japanese organization for human resources development in developing countries that promotes technical cooperation through training, experts dispatch and other programs.
Through those programs, we aim at contributing to the economic growth of both the developing countries and Japan as well as enhancing friendly relations between those countries.
The Association for Overseas Technical Cooperation and Sustainable Partnerships
August 10, 1959
To promote mutual economic development of Japan and other countries and friendly relationships between them by conducting activities to facilitate industrial globalization, trade, investment, and international economic cooperation.
Main activities to achieve AOTS' s aims
- Providing training to trainees and other personnel for the development of industry and human resources in Japan and abroad
- Dispatching experts and other personnel for the development of industry and human resources in Japan and abroad
- Conducting research and other programs related to the development of industry and human resources in Japan and abroad
- Managing and operating facilities required for the development of industrial human resources in Japan and abroad
- Financing Japanese small- and medium-sized companies to promote their overseas investment which will contribute to the development of industry in developing regions, and conducting related research activities
Endowment of the Organization
Scale of operations
Approximately JPY 7,600,000,000 (FY2020 budget)
- Training Programs in Japan 188 courses and 3,300 participants
- Experts Dispatch programs 410 experts
- Overseas Training Programs 22courses and 810 participants
- Internship Program and others
Total number of participants / experts / interns
Cumulative total as of FY2019
- Training Programs in Japan 198,403
- Experts Dispatch Programs 10,176
- Overseas Training Programs 205,828
- Internship Program 1,309
Kitasenju Office (Adachi-ku, Tokyo), Tokyo Training Center (Adachi-ku, Tokyo), Kansai Training Center (Osaka city, Osaka)
Bangkok, Jakarta, New Delhi, Yangon
Number of staff
145 (as of April 2021) *including fixed-term staff
Guide to AOTS
“Guide to AOTS” is available for download here.